Thursday, December 16, 2010

Traveling again

Just a quick note.  We're on the road heading back to Virginia and plan to arrive on Sunday or Monday.  The uncertainty lies with the weather.  We understand from friends that there has already been snow, more snow is expected today and even more this weekend.  If it's really that icy and snowy, we will delay a day or two (or three).  That will make it harder to catch up with everyone, but I guess we can all blame global warming.  It's going to freeze us all....
We've been in Abita Springs, Louisiana for the past two days and it's been cold here as well.  The first day here was one fraught with RV electrical problems traced to a surge protector under the bed that burned up for no reason.  It was a little tense as the microwave almost stopped and we searched for the burning electrical smell, but we got it cleaned up and replaced with a higher quality unit.  Whew.
Yesterday we thought about driving to New Orleans for the day but ended up saving that for another trip.  We went into town and had lunch at the Abita Brew Pub which several friends had told us about.  Great beer and great lunch.  I couldn't resist the Two Napkin Roast Beef Po-Boy which was delicious and Val got some huge burger made with fresh ground meat.  It was wonderful as well.  Then after a short walk around town, a visit to two local shops (produce and fudge) it was back to the rig to relax.
This morning we pack up and head towards Montgomery, Alabama.
At least it's not snowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment